Friday, March 26, 2010

Garlic bread anybody?

More often than not I crave for Italian food… cheesy garlicky pastas, nachos with salsa, olives, sun dried tomatoes, thin crust pizzas baked in a wood-fired oven, the Tiramisu … ohhh all this makes me drool…and when I do  get these cravings there is no way to resist them. To fulfill these cravings I bully people into taking me to Little Italy, Deli 9 or the other famous local chains which I consider to be places that serve up decent Italian khana. I have observed that whenever I dine at these places I end up feeling guilty of over-stuffing myself with garlic bread and end up eating very little of the main course. I get so carried away eating the garlic bread that I keep asking the waiter for more and keep refilling the jar with salsa many a time ... so over time I have learnt that making garlic bread at home is so dead easy. I use any kind of bread and butter+garlic+cheese. How can anything with garlic and butter ever go wrong?
P.S:-This post is dedicated to Sandeep Anna who introduced me to Italian khana...I love you and love the fact that you never let me pay for all the innumerable trials at Italian joints :)

Garlic Bread
WHAT YOU NEED
  •  1 loaf of bread or sub rolls( i use whatever is handy)
  •  1/2 cup Amul butter
  •  6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  •  3 tbsp of parmesan(again i use whever is availble)
  •  Seasoning oregano,parsley(optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
  • Slice the bread
  • In a small bowl heat the butter until slightly warm add chopped garlic
  • Pour this mixture onto the bread using a spoon
  • Top it with cheese and herbs(optional)
  • Bake  in a preheated oven at 200°C for 6 to 10 mins until the cheese melts or slightly golden brown

4 comments:

  1. Yummy... you better keep some ready for me when i come to India this time. I will come to hyd to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...try guacamole on it and its the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious!! I'm still waiting..... :-|

    ReplyDelete
  4. tempting!!!! mouth watering!!!

    ReplyDelete